Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Stop Smoking While You Relax!

Is this true? Can I really stop smoking while I am relaxed? The answer is yes! For those whom want to know more about becoming a non smoker in an easy, quick and lasting way....this is for you.

How does hypnosis work? Let's begin here. Hypnosis works directly with the sub conscious mind. The sub conscious mind is where learning is stored and keeps us acting a certain way; whether it is good for us or not. By working directly with the sub conscious mind you can reinforce positive thinking and behaviors, and change old thinking and behaviors that you no longer want or need. While in a deep state of relaxation your awareness is heightened, enhanced learning occurs, receptivity to suggestions is increased and easier memory recall is stimulated. New messages are received and processed which in turn activates new thinking and behaviors automatically. And the core of the changes occur while you are in a deep state of relaxation, how pleasant is that?

So how does it work with the habit of smoking? Yes, you heard right, smoking is a habit. One might argue that smoking is an addiction due to the withdrawals the body experiences once it is not receiving nicotine, get this; the physical addiction to nicotine is merely 10% of the problem. The other 90% is conditioning. And this is why hypnosis is highly successful and painless I should add, with smoking cessation. While in an altered state of mind old beliefs (conditioning) are replaced with new messages/beliefs that will activate new responses when in a conscious state of mind, automatically. And through a series of sessions fears associated with ceasing to smoke such as weight gain can be addressed so there is no “side effects”.

Facts about “quitting”.
  • 20 minutes after quitting blood pressure drops to a level close to that before the last cigarette.
  • 8 hours after quitting the level of carbon monoxide in the blood returns to normal.
  • 24 hours after quitting the risk of a heart attack decreases.
  • 2 weeks to 3 months after quitting circulation improves and lung function increases up to 30%.
  • 1 to 9 months after quitting symptoms such as coughing, sinus congestion, fatigue, and shortness of breath decrease.
  • 1 year after quitting the extra risk of coronary heart disease is reduced to half that of a smoker.
  • 5 to 15 years after quitting smoking stroke risk is reduced to the level of a non smoker.
  • 10 years after quitting the death rate from lung cancer is about half that of someone who continues to smoke. Risk of cancer of the mouth, throat, esophagus, bladder, kidney, and pancreas decreases.
  • 15 years after quitting risk of coronary heart disease is the same as a non smoker.

Hypnosis is proven to be very effective with Smoking Cessation. I have a high rate of success with helping people stop smoking.  Depending upon how long you have been smoking, why you smoke, your reason for quitting and your readiness to succeed will determine what level of service I recommend. 

For more information about Smoking Cessation with Hypnosis or for a free consultation contact Sylvia Vega at 520-280-2270 or e-mail me at